For the first time in the country’s history, MVNO, or Mobile Virtual Network Operator, or E-Sim, will be available to the people of Bangladesh.
– The MVNO will be online on December 16, 2021, to commemorate our 50th anniversary of the victory.
– “Bondhu” will be the brand name, with the tagline “Bondhu Manei Life.” The project’s online website is nearing completion; once complete, anybody will be able to visit it.
– For the time being, each e-Sim per country will cost 250 Taka BDT or USD 5 for overseas clients, as these e-Sims can be purchased anywhere in the world. The cost of data will vary depending on the bundle.
– Bondhu is working on expanding its coverage to include 5G in supported countries. Jio LTE, for example, in India. Softbank 4G in Japan and if everything falls into place, Grameenphone in Bangladesh. The e-Sims will reach more than 100 countries from the day of their launch and implementation.
– “After that, you can use your phone to install up to 20 e-Sim profiles. However, unless your phone supports two e-Sim profiles, you can only use one at a time (iPhone 13 and laters are dual e-Sim supported). So, let’s suppose you have one Jio e-Sim profile and one GP e-Sim profile installed, you may swap at any moment in any nation.” he explained.
– “By gaining a Telco License/Telecom Operator in the coming years, we hope to offer WIFI, Broadband Internet, and a full-service Telecom operator.” If everything goes well, we might bring back the ‘Warid’ brand,” he surmised.